Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nerd it up.

Current exchange rate $1.48 to 1€
UGH.

I took out 50€ from the bank today and it turned in to $73.54.
I was thinking about going to the store...but then I remembered I have a sack of potatoes and some rice so I made by. Maybe tomorrow, for the basics. 


Today for lunch, a group of us went to Café St. Projet because a lot of us haven't seen each other in a while, since a lot of people went out of town for the break. We all got the menu midi for 11.50 which comes with a salad, plate, and dessert. I got a pizza with some German name made with créme fraîche, lardon, onion, and seasoning along with a crumble aux pommes. The pizza was really good, but it unfortunately didn't satisfy my craving (must have been the lack of tomato sauce). The crumble was okay. It's SO hard to say crumble in French, along with brownie!

After lunch, went to Bordeaux 2 for study time and got a little bit done. Not as much as I had hoped... but maybe tomorrow will be more of a success. Maybe.

Travel news!
I might be going to Rhodes, Greece and Turkey in a couple weeks.
I've figured out how to get a ticket for the Rock Am Ring music festival (in Germany in June) and who to go with.
Angelique and I have bought all our plane tickets and booked most of our accommodations for her trip here in June. We'll be going to Santander, Bilbao, Madrid, and Barcelona, Spain with a pit stop in Porto, Portugal as well.
I'm so excited for all these!!!!

Oh, almost forgot. The reason for the title. I had some incredibly intelligent conversations today about
1. Child Development and Adoption
2. Images of Masculinity and Homophobia/Feminism
3. How many combinations you can make between strawberry jam, butter, and rhubarb jam on a piece of toast, and if things like layer order and design should be taken into consideration. I know this one seems a little iffy, but it was so mathematical and nerdy that it definitely counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment