Monday, April 25, 2011

Seafood Sunday 3/ Easter

Yesterday's seafood choice: Paëlla from Marché des Chartrons.

Also bought a baguette ancienne and some delicious apple cider (3€ for a whole liter! needless to say I finished it by the end of the day)

Easter wasn't really anything special. I didn't even eat chocolate or ham. I went to mass at Cathédrale St. André in the morning, before going to Marché des Chartrons to eat my now weekly seafood lunch and meet up with Autumn. There was a giant cruise ship on the Garonne, so there were plenty of English speakers about. I was confused as a cruise tourist by many of the vendors. Oh well, at least I know French and I can aw them by responding in their own tongue. :-P

Friday night I went to an amazing Ratatat concert with my couchsurfers. Couldn't believe how awesome the imaging was. And the energy the guys gave off while banging their drums, WOW!! I definitely need to get back and see them again. Afterwards we went to the quai to drink some wine and chat, before heading home where I made grilled cheese with goat cheese and lardon (smoked bacon) for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment