Friday, February 18, 2011

On to the next voyage...

I'll be gone for the next week in northern France/Champagne. Even though I'm really excited about this trip, I can't seem to get myself ready for it mentally. I haven't packed, showered, or finished the dishes, although my to-do list has gone down drastically today. I think I have just become so comfortable in Bordeaux that it's getting hard to leave, but the change will be good.

In other news:

1. Finances have been really tough this semester. Came back from Italy broker than ever, had to pay rent and deposit, buy stuff for the apt, food, then the soldes tempted me. Good news, though. Finally figured out where my scholarship money ended up so I'll have the rest of the first half (that I should have received in like September) by the end of March, and I sent in the information to receive the second half so I'll have that soon as well.

2. Talked to Dad yesterday and he made a good point. Said that I can't always be playing and that I should work this summer to save up money for next school year, and even though I don't really want to go back to the camp (great job, but I really need to build my resumé) I should because it's there and the job market is so tough right now. So I'm considering that. Probably won't be able to go to TX and AZ like I wanted, but hopefully will still be able to take a half a week or a week off to go to Davis for Ashley's birthday and to see people.

3. Book Club meeting yesterday. Didn't quite finish but we had a good discussion about Love in the Time of Cholera. Next we are reading a french book that sounds cute. I want to finish LTC and Eat, Pray, Love on this trip so I can concentrate on it when I get back, because I know it will take some time even though it is pretty short.

4. Thinking about starting a "French moment of the week" on here. This week's is too awkward to put up here (but I know I'll remember it in the future).

5. Had a good day today despite something on my mind. Went to class and enjoyed it (learned that a country can't be a part of the EU if they have the "peine de mort"; France abolished it in 1981); went rock climbing and made some progress (I have to buy my own shoes before the next time, instructor said today was the last time we could use his shoes), was pretty tired after; café "Les Mots Bleus" for a failed attempt at reading some of LTC with Kim, then Jardin Public where we sat under a tree and watched some french youth play football (aka soccer); then my first time doing yoga (it's harder than I thought!).

6. Academic Project...need to figure out how I am doing this. Which aspect of immigration will I tackle? Economic, Political, Social, Effects on Children?

7. Greatest '80s song ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment