Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just a little update

It's been a fairly normal week in Bordeaux, although a little busy with preparations for my trips to Paris and England in the next week.

-Last Friday there was a California picnic, I met some Frenchies who are going to CA next year. One girl might be going to Davis!
-There was a little French soirée Saturday night for the birthday of my friend's host mom. Had some good chats with a few other Californians there (there were about seven of us mange-ing amidst the middle aged French people). There was so much good food there! I couldn't stop haha. I've missed French cooking since moving out of the Pommarede's, although I don't miss living there. So dancing, mange-ing, mingling. Gooood night.
-Mardi Gras parade was last Sunday in Bdx. Very lively and cool.
-Met an Indian guy who speaks English when I went to buy chicken at CFC (similar to KFC, which also exists in Bdx). He works there and gave me a free coke and a couple salads. I'll be back :)
-Met a German exchange student in one of my classes and we ate lunch together, had a nice French conversation about ourselves, our cultures, and some politics
-Had a dinner party for my friend Marissa (from high school, who is also studying in Bordeaux this semester). We made burgers and some other friends brought things potluck style. Fun :)
-Broke my camera and my phone screen in the same week. Phone is still usable...camera, not so much.
-Monday night theme dinner this week was chicken (the reason I was at CFC) and waffles. Surprisingly delicious!
-Bought some rock climbing shoes finally. Wallet went OUCH.
Out to a soirée. Chkchk.

No comments:

Post a Comment