Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Red Robe Choir

Five years ago, I took my first journey across the Atlantic Ocean with Grossmont High School's Red Robe Choir. Last week, I re-lived a little piece of that trip by visiting a couple of the places in northern France that I went to, Mont St. Michel and the D-Day beaches. And today, out of curiosity, I googled the Red Robe Choir and found this article:

http://lamesa.patch.com/articles/red-robe-choir-drapes-students-in-traveling-tradition

Although the stuff about the one-hour study break each night is crap, the rest of it really hit home and got me thinking...I would not be in France today if I hadn't made two important decisions at the age of thirteen: to take French and Beginning Choir as my electives freshman year. And if I hadn't traveled to Europe three times during high school and fostered a love for culture, language, and experience, then I would not have had the desire to study abroad, especially for a whole school year. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment